METRO NEW YORK
The Metro New York area encompasses the five boroughs of New York City (Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx & Staten Island), Long Island (Nassau & Suffolk Counties) and Westchester County. Within this geographic area there are over 28,000 liquor licenses. The breakdown is:
- Over 1,750 retail stores permitted to sell wine and spirits
- Over 11,200 on-premise accounts (restaurants, hotels, bars etc.) permitted to sell wine, spirits and beer
- Over 3,400 on-premise accounts permitted to sell wine only
- Over 920 on-premise accounts permitted to sell beer only
- Over 10,900 retail accounts permitted to sell beer only for off premise consumption (grocery stores, drug stores, deli’s etc.)
The Metro New York area has a population over 12,000,000.
New Jersey has twenty-one counties. There are approximately 9,240 liquor licenses in the State. The majority of these licenses approximately 5,800 are within the nine counties in close proximity to Metro New York. The nine counties are:
These nine counties have a population over 5,000,000. It is noteworthy that tens of thousand of the residents of these nine counties commute into Manhattan on a daily basis.